Exeter Transfer Shed

Exeter Transfer Shed Restoration and Conversion to Creative Hub

In 2012 EHBT received a Cold Spots grant (AHF) to carry out an options appraisal and develop a proposal to restore the former Transit Shed at Exeter St David’s Station built c. 1860.  The shed was used for the transhipment of goods between GWR’s broad gauge wagons and the standard gauge wagons of the LSWR.  Architects drew up outline plans and estimates to turn this building into a creative hub.  Plans were well advanced to obtain grants, take over the building and develop the project when Network Rail withdrew the offer to transfer the building to EHBT.

Exeter_transfer_shed

(c) 2008 Geof Sheppard  licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported